The Essential Baltics
Vilnius – Riga – Tallinn
1. day: Arrival in Vilnius, capital of Lithuania. Meet and transfer to hotel. Sightseeing of Old Vilnius, UNESCO World Heritage site. At leisure. Dinner and overnight in Vilnius.
Vilnius city tour features the Cathedral Square and Gediminas Tower (C.15), churches of St. Anne and St. Peter and Paul, Dawn Gates Chapel with miraculous image of St. Mary, Town Hall Square, Old University campus, Presidential Palace.
2. day: Full day tour to Kaunas (100 km), provisional capital of independent Republic of Lithuania (1919-1939) with stop en route in Trakai, medieval capital of Grand Lithuanian Duchy among lakes. Visit Trakai Island Castle housing Museum of History. Continue to Kaunas. City tour in Kaunas. Dinner and overnight in Vilnius.
Trakai Historical National Park with its old town, dwelling on peninsula, and two medieval castles (C.14-15), is one of the most impressive and picturesque locations in Europe. Sightseeing in Kaunas, second largest city of the country, highligts Castle Square, Town Hall, known as White Swan, gothic Perkunas House. At leisure in the main street, pedestrian Liberty Ave.
3. day: Departure to Riga, capital of Latvia via Hill of Crosses. Sightseeing in Rundale Palace on the way. Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Riga.
Sightseeing Rundale Palace (18 C.), designed by famous baroque style architect B. Rastrelli (author of Winter Palace in St. Petersburg) features restored illustrious interiors of Golden, White Halls, expositions of portrait, china collections, etc. It is the most popular tourism sight outside Riga.
4. day: Sightseeing in Old Riga, UNESCO World Heritage site. Travel to Tallinn via Gauja National Park. Late afternoon arrival in Tallinn, capital of Estonia. Dinner and overnight in Tallinn.
Riga sightseeing highlights Dome Cathedral (C.13), Livonian Order Castle, Blackheads House, the Old Guild House, wonderful collection of Art-Nouve buildings in the centre. In Gauja National Park visit Sigulda, medieval Turaida Castle (C.15) and romantic Gutman’s Cave.
5. day: Sightseeing in Old Tallinn, UNESCO World Heritage site. Optional: Rocca-al-Mare Museum in an open. Dinner and overnight Tallinn.
Sightseeing Tallinn, known for its charming medieval atmosphere, features Lower and Upper Town, Toompea Castle (C.14), Dome Cathedral (C.13), the best preserved medieval Town Hall in Europe (C.15), Kiek-in-de-Kök tower, oldest still functioning Apothecary in the world.
6. day: Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to airport/ ferry. End of services.
Tour package price upon request.
Tour package includes: 5 overnights at 4* hotels located in the centre /old town, 5 breakfast and dinners, private car/coach transportation 6 days, local guides as per itinerary, entry fees, travel information set.